Tips to Maintain your Vehicle if It is Sitting Idle
Tips to Maintain your Vehicle if It is Sitting Idle in Rimbey, Alberta
The current circumstances have resulted in a change in driving behaviours. Automotive consumers from Lacombe, Red Deer, Sylvan Lake and surrounding areas of British Columbia are driving less or have even parked their vehicles. At Buist Motors, we want to ensure that your vehicle is properly maintained during these unpredictable times. so below, you will find a list of tips you can use to keep your vehicle operating as it was meant to.
Don't forget to check out our new inventory; it's packed with vehicles that feature the most advanced technology. Our used inventory is hand-selected with the best pre-owned options in British Columbia. So contact us for more information.
The Importance of Car Servicing and Maintenance
Automotive consumers have taken the time, energy, and resources to research, locate, and purchase their new vehicle. Depending on the make and model, they have invested a large sum of money to acquire it. This new vehicle is used to travel to work, take the kids to soccer practice, and in some cases, for pure enjoyment. So it only makes sense that keeping this vehicle maintained and serviced is a top priority. A new vehicle is the second largest purchase of your life and an investment for the future.
If you require maintenance, our service centre is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and fully trained technicians and service advisors. They know your GM inside and out and are also able to repair and maintain any off brands. So schedule a service appointment online and one of our advisors will follow up with you.
Tips to Maintain your Vehicle while Idle
Due to the current circumstances, your vehicle may be sitting idle; however, there are ways to keep it maintained and serviced. Continue reading to learn more
- Make sure to start your vehicle weekly for at least 5 minutes, and if you're able to drive it, even if it's up and down the driveway, please do so.
- Make sure to keep your tires properly inflated, because in some situations, if a vehicle is left sitting, air pressure may escape. And if the tire does deflate, it may cause a flat spot over time.
- It is also recommended to add a bottle of fuel stabilizer to your vehicle's fuel tank. Modern vehicles are designed to help keep gasoline fresh; however, just to make sure you don't start your vehicle with bad gasoline, a fuel stabilizer is important.
- If your vehicle sits for a long period of time, it is best to change the oil regularly as well. Oil, once removed from the bottle, will deteriorate.
- This is also a great opportunity to perform any light maintenance on your vehicle, like an air filter, cabin filter, wipers, etc.
- Lastly, since the vehicle is sitting, take the time to give it a thorough cleaning. By removing all the grime, built-up sediment, and dirt, you will help to avoid any rust. Also, when it comes time to drive, it will be like new.
Make an Inquiry
* Indicates a required field